PETALING JAYA:
Ironic as it may sound, former inspector-general of police Musa Hassan has
claimed that he is being tailed by special branch officers.
This followed
his controversial press conference last week, where he claimed that criminal
elements had infiltrated the police force and revealed that politicians
interfered with investigations.
Apart from him,
Musa said that R Sri Sanjeevan from the NGO My Watch which organised the press conference
was also being tailed. Musa is the patron of the newly-formed NGO.
“To me it’s
funny lah. Why must you put me under surveillance? As if I am a threat to
security.
“I would like to
advise them not to follow me lah. I won’t destroy the nation, that’s number
one. Number two, I think you have better work to do, like following criminals,
who are really jeopardising the safety of the public,” the former IGP told FMT.
“So I think it
is stupid of them [to follow us], wasting the rakyat’s money. If you want
anything just call me, I’ll tell you everything,” he added.
On how he found
out, Musa said:”Of course I know who is following me but I didn’t want to
confront them. Don’t want to embarrass them. Of course they ran away when they
saw me.”
Asked why he was
being tailed, Musa shrugged and replied: “I don’t know, probably instructions
from up top. Maybe the IGP himself, I don’t know.”
Musa said that
although in the past he had been tracked by syndicates and tontos “plenty of
times”, this was his first time being followed by a policeman.
“Never by
policemen, but by syndicates and tontos you know, who want to know my
movements. I still remember when I was in the drugs unit. That’s why whenever I
got out of the house, I would never follow the same route for fear that people
might either follow me or ambush me and all that. We must be aware of my
environment, being a trained police officer, you know,” he added.
While Musa said
he did not feel threatened, Sanjeevan admitted that he was slightly more
rattled.
“From the day we
held that press conference, we have been followed. The same face, the same cars
are around here. The cracking sounds on my phone…,” he added.
Sanjeevan said
that there was no reason for the police to resort to these “harassing” tactics
as MyWatch was merely an NGO that was concerned about the welfare of the
country.
“I feel it is a
breach of human rights, this is all abuse of power and is being instructed at
the higher level. The thing is, we’ve got nothing to hide. We’re just concerned
because crime happens and it is not political, it does not care who we are.
“If you want,
just call us up, record our statements. Please don’t plant SBs on the people
who are trying to help you reform,” he added.
Sanjeevan
reiterated the call for the current IGP Ismail Omar to meet them in person in
order for them to work together and share information.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Facebook
0 comments:
Post a Comment